FATBAT. PROFESSIONAL BATTERY FOR GOPRO
AND HUNDREDS OTHER ACTION CAMERAS
OUT OF STOCK, SORRY
COMPATIBILITY WITH GOPRO: HERO4 Black, Silver; HERO3+ Black, Silver, White, HERO3 Black, Silver, White, GoPro HERO 2014 with Skeleton backdoor.
EXTRA: Compatibly with GoPro HERO5 (2016-2017), SJ400, SJCAM, GEEKPRO, Xiaomi Y, GoPro Session 2015 etc. cameras with USB adapter (included).
FATBAT IS PORTABLE CHARGER
FOR YOUR GADGETS
FATBAT is Survival-grade, huge capacity, dual USB, dustproof, waterproof Portable battery and Power bank for 18650 batteries. FATBAT can charge 100% of electronic devices with USB charge ports, including smartphones, tablets, handheld game consoles, MP3 players, digital cameras and camcorders, portable speakers and many Bluetooth-enabled devices. Easy to carry in your backpack or pocket, take the FATBAT with you wherever you go. FATBAT is 100% rainproof, snowproof, dustproof and waterproof IP65 standard.
FATBAT IS PROFESSIONAL
CHARGER FOR ACTION CAMERA
FATBAT + GOPRO CAMERA MODULE is world’s highest capacity Power battery and Power grip for action cameras. Action length of the FATBAT Battery with your Action camera is incredible 15+ hours (2 days!) of continuous shooting in FullHD video mode, 14+ hours in Timelapse photo mode and 8+ hours of continuous shooting in any mode: 60 fps, 4k, with the Wi-Fi, etc. Perfect for full-day shoots or all-night time-lapse videos. FATBAT has 8 times more power than the standard action camera battery.
FATBAT + GOPRO MODULE
WORLD’S MOST CAPACITIVE EXTERNAL BATTERY & CHARGER FOR GOPRO
Use as Handle
What about 2 days of shooting on the one charge? The FATBAT can provide it. Compatible with any type of human hands. Ribbed FATBAT caps helps ensure a secure grip.
Use with the Pole
Incredible 15+ hours of continuous shooting. Compatible with the selfie sticks, poles, monopods and other extensible shit with built-in 1/4” male screw. Check the August Ames video.
Use with the Tripod
Excellent for live events, concerts, happenings and “behind the scene” shots. Compatible with all tripods, photo and video heads with 1/4” male screw.
Use for Timelapse
Voted “The Best Accessory for Timelapse photography” and long exposure shots. Guaranteed 14+ hours of shooting: 5,000+ photos with 32Gb card (!). Compatible with all tripods, photo and video heads with 1/4” male screw.
Use as Universal charger
FATBAT is ultimate Universal charger and Power Bank too. FATBAT has two USB-ports (1A and 2A). You can charge with FATBAT all of your phones and tablets like an iPhone, iPad, iPod, Samsung, HTC etc.
Charge your GoPro and batteries
If your shooting requires the use of the camera in a diving housing or something like that, simply connect the FATBAT to your battery charger when you have a chance.
VOTED BEST TIMELAPSE ACCESSORY
Timelapse videos are quickly taking over the world of travel photography. Whether it’s clouds, stars, sunsets or city scenes, compressing hours of footage into a few seconds of visual narrative speaks right to heart of many creatives. FATBAT with GOPRO CAMERA MODULE is world’s first professional power source for your Timelapse shootings. Action length of the FATBAT with the GoPro is incredible 14+ hours of continuous shooting in Timelapse photo mode. Perfect for all-day or all-night Timelapse videos.
USE THE FATBAT AS POWER BANK
HANDMADE. DIE-CAST. MUST HAVE
- FATBAT is Survival-grade waterproof, dustproof, freezeproof, snowproof Portable battery.
- FATBAT works as the Portable battery and Power bank for charging 100% of electronic devices with USB charge ports: phones, tablets, handheld game consoles, MP3 players, digital cameras, portable speakers and Bluetooth-enabled devices.
- FATBAT uses the most popular in the world li-ion 18650 batteries (sold separately).
- You can use three, two or even one 18650 battery with the FATBAT.
- FATBAT can charge two devices at the same time.
- There is an 5 leds indicator charge level of the FATBAT.
- You can charge the batteries directly in the FATBAT.
- Unibody design from California, US.
- Professional 6061-T6 Aluminum body with anodized surface.
- Professional 1/4″ screw on the bottom of the FATBAT.
- Compatible with professional pole, monopod and tripod. No tools required.
- Compatible with microphone stand EU/US with adapter.
- Each FATBAT is machined in-house, hand assembled and tested.
- Body: Aircraft 6061-T6 aluminum.
- Dimensions: 4.9 x 1.7 inch / 125 x 45 mm.
- Weight without batteries: 8.5 oz / 240 g.
- Weight with 3 batteries: 13.3 oz / 380 g.
- Power: three 18650 Lithium-ion unprotected batteries (not included, sold separately).
- USB-out 1: 5V 1A.
- USB-out 2: 5V 2A.
- Battery capacity: up to 12,000 mAh.
- Charge and over-charge battery protection.
- Discharge battery protection.
- Integrated battery charger with micro-USB port.
- Charge level indication: 5 leds.
- Universal connection: 1/4″-20 UNC female on the bottom of the FATBAT.
- Rainproof, snowproof, dustproof: 100%.
- Waterproof: IP65 standard.
Please note: the FATBAT is not for diving and not for underwater submerge
COMPATIBILITY WITH THE DEVICES
Apple: iPhone – all, iPad – all, iPod Touch – all, iPod – all
Moto X, Moto G, Sony Xperia Z3, Sony Xperia Z3 Compact, Sony Xperia Z3, Nexus 6, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note Edge, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S5, Samsung Galaxy Alpha, LG G3, LG G Flex 2, HTC One M8, HTC Desire EYE, OnePlus One, Nokia Lumia 930, Huawei Ascend Mate, Huawei Ascend Mate 2
Other Android / Windows phones and Tablets: up to 100%
Sony: PSP 2th, PSP-1000, PSP-1000G1 / 1000G1W / W / K / KCW, PSP-1001, PSP-180, PSP-2000, PSP-2001, PSP-3000, PSP-3001, PSP-3004, PSP-380, Silm, PSP-100, PSP-180, PSP-380, PlayStation Vita
Nintendo: 3DS XL, 3DS, 2DS
Nvidia Shield, WikiPad WP005, GCW-Zero etc.
WHAT’S NEW? INCREDIBLE 15 HOURS
continuous runtime of the GoPro FullHD mode,
which means 2 full shooting days on the one charge!
Best-in-class upgraded high tech electronics. FATBAT detects your device to deliver its fastest possible charge speed 2.1 A, it’s 4 times faster than a computer USB port.
15+ hours of continuous shooting (+30%) instead 12 hours with the old FATBAT. Now you can shoot all you need entire 2 days (!) on the one the FATBAT charge.
New user-firendly redesigned body: CNC aviation aluminum, matted black anodized smooth surface with the protective silicone O-Rings glowing in the dark.
Upgraded USB Module
Now, the GoPro USB open Module has fixed long spring 20 inch (50 cm.) cable with Mini-USB connector for GoPro camera powering / charging. The new compact Mini-USB to Micro-USB adapter included.
The FATBAT now provides you 2 entire filming days on the one charge and support the wide range of action cameras: all GoPro models, SJ4000, DBPOWER, GeekPro and hundreds other. The new compact Micro-USB adapter included.
The FATBAT is 20% lighter than the first FATBAT. The new FATBAT is only 8.5 oz. (240 g.) w/out batteries now!
WHY USE THE 18650 BATTERIES?
What is the advantage of using three 18650 batteries over a one embedded battery to power the FATBAT?
Our best goal is that we’ve chose to use separately 18650 batteries for logistical reasons and for better FATBAT performance.
- COST. The 18650s are being produced for long time now and are already widely used throughout the world, in our laptops, flashlights, power banks etc. This means that companies like Panasonic are currently producing these cells in fully depreciated factories and have already started optimizing the manufacturing costs. Thus, by far, they are the cheapest lithium ion cells available out there.
- REAL CAPACITY. You get the REAL CAPACITY of the 18650 batteries, guaranteed by their respective producers. When you buy the “20,000 mAh External Li-ion battery” for $40 be sure you’ll get about 8,000-10,000 of the real-life mAh (half of the advertised capacity). When you use the 18650 batteries from top-brand producers such a Panasonic, Samsung, LG etc. with the FATBAT, you have the professional External battery with the real capacity batteries.
- SAFETY. If an individual 18650 battery is damaged physically or electrically, then it really really easy and cheap (!) to locate and replace that one cell unstead entire FATBAT.
- RELIABILITY. The top-brand 18650 is real professional staff instead “no-name Chinese embedded battery pack”. Manufacturing defects of the 18650 can generally be detected via non-invasive electrical testing. In larger cells the types of small defects that can lead to a shortened lifetime are too small to be reliably detected.
- INNOVATIONS. The Model S by Tesla uses 6,831 pieces of the 18650 batteries ;).
We can help you find the appropriate Top-brand 18650 batteries for the FATBAT in your country. Just ask.
That’s right! The FATBAT provides an incredible 15 hours of non-stop shooting 1080-25 Protune with three 18650 batteries (3,400 mAh each, 10,200 mAh total capacity). This means that you can use FATBAT either one whole day without stopping or 2-3 days (!) with breaks on a single FATBAT charge, like shooting a whole weekend for hours at a time per day and so on. FATBAT rules!
You can charge the 18650 batteries directly with FATBAT via a micro-USB connector on the panel using any USB source – for example, connect the FATBAT to a USB-port on your computer or laptop or with any AC USB-charger. Charging time for three batteries depends on their capacity. For example, to fully charge three 18650 batteries with 3,400 mAh each using a standard computer port takes about 7-8 hours. Be prepared and put the batteries in to charge all night – it is what you need!
The FATBAT charging process is simple:
- Plug FATBAT via micro-USB port to a standard USB-port on your computer or laptop. The first RED indicator switches on – this means charging has begun. Do not press the Red button during charging – this button should be switched off during charging.
- From time to time you can unplug FATBAT during charging and, pressing the Red button, observe FATBAT charging. Please take note that somewhere in the middle of charging (4-5 hours after start), FATBAT shows full operational readiness on all five indicators after pressing the Red button. But physicists cannot be cheated – the batteries are not fully charged. So be patient and wait another additional 3-4 hours.
- After 7-8 hours of charging, the BLUE light is shining. That means the FATBAT is fully charged and ready to operate. FATBAT automatically disconnects from charging.
Two things are possible with FATBAT depending on your choice:
1. Standard GoPro battery is in the camera and connected with FATBAT. In this case, recording will continue even if the USB connector would be removed from the camera, because GoPro is running on internal battery and FATBAT charges it as an external power block. In such a case, you can expect an operation period duration of two batteries – FATBAT and regular. You get an extra 1-1.5 hours of work as well. Your cable was disconnected during such an operation? No problem – plug it in again and continue to film.
2. GoPro operates without its own battery, FATBAT only. This also works great as in the first version, but if FATBAT is switched off during shooting, the camera is turned off as well.
Therefore, use FATBAT + standard camera’s battery and everything will be OK.
WARNING: Use unprotected (without PCB board) 18650 batteries only
18650 batteries are very popular throughout the world. They are used in professional equipment, lamps, electronic cigarettes, radio-controlled models and more. You probably already have a dozen 18650s. Why do you need to pay more with FATBAT? Besides, as you know, there are dozens of batteries producers, from Asian no-name manufacturers to established brands. You can choose what you use – from cheap to expensive. It’s your choice
WARNING: Use unprotected (without PCB board) 18650 batteries only
This is important because the 18650 batteries with protection are longer and may not fit in the FATBAT. The FATBAT is a smart device and has built-in protection against over-charging and over-discharging of the batteries.
In a pinch, if you have protected 18650 batteries, you can use them in FATBAT – you need only make the springs a little shorter by a couple of turns. It is easy – use a pair of nippers. Cut-Cut-Cut … and now, your FATBAT is working on protected 18650 batteries
Of Course! If your shooting requires the use of the camera in a diving housing or something like that, simply connect FATBAT to the camera when you have a chance. FATBAT has two USB ports and easily charges GoPro and a camera remote control simultaneously, as well all kinds of phones, tablets and handheld game consoles
We made FATBAT as “universal soldier”, the FATBAT connects to your action camera or charges yours gadgets. FATBAT has two universal USB outputs, 1A and 2A, so the list of compatible gadgets with FATBAT is almost endless. So far we have not had any situations when FATBAT did not charge some device. Your phone or tablet charger capacity using FATBAT depends on the phone or tablet capacity, which build, and your 18650 battery capacity. FATBAT charges the iPad Air once, the Galaxy S5 and iPhone 6 over three times and other smartphones multiple times. Do not forget that the main FATBAT function is the GoPro external battery, so it is better to try using FATBAT with your gadgets directly and then take a step away from civilization
FATBAT with the GoPro Module is not waterproof!
The reason is not the FATBAT; we simply use a USB connection, which is connected to either GoPro in a Skeleton housing with holes or a GoPro standard frame, or in a non-waterproof Cage. FATBAT is intended for use while shooting on land: in the mountains, in the field, in the woods, in the city, in the studio, at concerts and events. Whether you shoot ballroom dancing or home porn, we guarantee dust protection but not water resistance. By the way, a good water-, snow-, dirt- protected Module for the FATBAT is in sale here. FATBAT with the Weatherproof Module is waterproof IP65 but not for diving and underwater submerge.
QUBA.PRO guarantees free repair of FATBAT within 12 months from the date of purchase if the usage environment was not at fault.
Free warranty is not granted if:
- FATBAT usage environment violated; for example, water inside
- FATBAT careless usage; for example, the case is broken or FATBAT’s cable is torn off
- FATBAT’s batteries are leaking inside. We cannot be responsible for battery manufacturers. If the batteries are leaking either during shooting or after shooting, this is a battery problem, not a FATBAT problem.
Also, it is not recommended to store batteries inside of FATBAT. After the shooting, get them out and put them in a safe place